Question 2

 


A magazine advert has the primary purpose of promoting the product, in this case it’s a CD/tour for a band.  The magazine also has to emphasize the type of band that ‘Chemical Red’ are. I have done this by having in a picture of the band in the first picture. I also did this with the second picture, by having a lollipop, the target audience knows that they are a young playful band.

I carried on the colour scheme of red to give the band and promotional pieces a house colour to make them more recognisable.  I think the magazine adverts I created were very successful, as they promote the product, as well as highlights to the target audience; what kind of band Chemical Red are, as well as the song they are covering

I carried on the colour scheme of red to give the band and promotional pieces a house colour to make them more recognisable. I also think that this cover works well with the indie/indie rock genre. I picked red as my house colour, because it is not stereotypically a boys or girls' colour, by doing this, I made the target audience for this CD much bigger. The colour will also stand out in a shop or online, as it is very eye-catching.

Like the CD and magazine advert, the music video is there to promote the band and the song. It will be played online, on television and maybe behind the band when they play live. This is makes it very important to make sure the video represents the band in the right way. I think that my music video will be very effective in promoting the band and attracting the target audience by it’s fast paced video and song. 

The attitude and enthusiasm of the musicians in the video will definitely attract my target audience.  Also, the amount of static and moving camera shots make the video very diverse, as well as the types of shots used. Another reason that this video is effective, is the skill of the players. The target audience will be able to tell that they can play the song.  




No comments:

Post a Comment